Bad running issues

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
Comatt

Bad running issues

Post by Comatt »

Hey guys, got my comet out a few weeks ago was running awesome super smooth on the freeway had it out for about an hour. I filled up my tank with some Rec fuel ran the car for about 15-20 minutes and had it parked for a couple weeks. Took it out last night and the car is running terrible. Cranks and cranks and then barely starts. When it does start it will not stay running unless I have my foot on the throttle. It won’t even go forward without some rpm and then when stopped it dies again. Does anyone have any ideas here? The only thing I did to the car was throw the non ethanol Rec fuel in. Everyone told me that’s the best for the car now it barely runs 😢. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

Matt

FuzzyDriver

Re: Bad running issues

Post by FuzzyDriver »

Since the different fuel is the only difference, it stands to reason it is the cause of your problem and the first place you should look. I'd check to see if the fuel you put in was contaminated with water or something else that came out of solution and is now at the bottom of your tank where your pickup is. Or perhaps something was in it that's clogging the fuel filter. Years ago I filled my tractor and it wouldn't run after I parked it. It was water contaminated fuel.
OK...so she might need a little work.Image

bmmaurer

Re: Bad running issues

Post by bmmaurer »

Did you mistakenly grab the Green handled pump nozzle and pump some Diesel in there?