Luguna Seca ‘64 Comet

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
A/FX
Comet Central Member

Luguna Seca ‘64 Comet

Post by A/FX »

I came across this video today, it features a ‘64 Comet that is a frequent racer at Luguna Seca in Northern California. This week is the big vintage race week which coincides with the Pebble Beach Concours and all the other activities on the peninsula.
I saw this car at the track couple years ago when I was in Monterey for the Concours and auctions.
https://flipboard.com/video/ksbw/83ad444b1e
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: Luguna Seca ‘64 Comet

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Very cool, I have been to many vintage races in Michigan at Waterford Hills, Ohio at Mid Ohio and upstate New York at Watkins Glen. But I don't recall seeing a Comet at any of these. Mostly old vettes, gt350's and foreign cars.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Very cool, Jim. I didn't quite catch the full description of this car by the owner or narrator.
Do you know if this is a survivor rally car or a tribute car? Either way, very cool to see one featured.

Going rally style w/ the '63.
Found this late last night. Taking it to the limit in '63 Falcon

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Joe Travers wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:42 pm
Very cool, Jim. I didn't quite catch the full description of this car by the owner or narrator.
Do you know if this is a survivor rally car or a tribute car? Either way, very cool to see one featured.

Going rally style w/ the '63.
Found this late last night. Taking it to the limit in '63 Falcon

Joe
I believe this is a “clone” there is a real rally car that races at Laguna, I may have posted photos of it here in the past.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

There are pics around, #81 its where I got the idea for my rear wheel openings as irsare raised but stockish looking.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about