Radio Compatibility

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
poboyjo65

Re: Radio Compatibility

Post by poboyjo65 »

FuzzyDriver wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:27 pm
You're right, I was not clear at all in my original post. I did not know at the time that not only was it messed up, but that it also wasn't even based on a real 4TME, even if it did fit. I don't want to mess up future readers; should I edit my post or delete it?
na no need to edit it. Might make someone look a little closer at it & what to get ,what not to get. That one on the right looks like something I built, :lol: ,,with the jb weld around the shafts & sheetrock screws holding the dial on ! :D

I forget now what your plans were , just a working am only? or are you interested in a non working correct one to have reworked? I can keep an eye out
Johno

FuzzyDriver

Post by FuzzyDriver »

forget now what your plans were
Just trying to get a working radio in my poor baby without cutting up the dash.
That one on the right looks like something I built, :lol:
If I built that abortion of a radio, I wouldn't admit it! :lol:

Two days ago I did my eBay search again and a real 4TME had been added. After all the crap-o-la I've been going through I bought it immediately. It's supposed to show up Monday, so hopefully I'll finally get a radio that both fits AND works. :roll:

So hold off at least a few days looking for one, but thanks much for the offer. I'll keep this thread posted on how that one works out. Take care and have a good one!
OK...so she might need a little work.Image

FuzzyDriver

Post by FuzzyDriver »

Got my 4TME this morning. Fits my 1964 Comet bezel. Hooked it up on my bench. It works. Listening to WJR tight now. Needs an alignment and maybe recapping, too. But at least it fits and works! Thanks for all you guy's help!

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

FuzzyDriver wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:14 pm
Got my 4TME this morning. Fits my 1964 Comet bezel. Hooked it up on my bench. It works. Listening to WJR tight now. Needs an alignment and maybe recapping, too. But at least it fits and works! Thanks for all you guy's help!
I miss Ernie Harwell calling games on WJR. He was the best.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

FuzzyDriver

Post by FuzzyDriver »

"It's loooong gone and caught by a man from Hamtramck" "...and a the sound of the turtle is heard throughout the land."

I miss Ernie, too. :(

FuzzyDriver

Post by FuzzyDriver »

Oh, and I heard a radio interview with Ernie years ago. He says he is the only radio announcer ever traded along with players. He recalled the players involved in the trade along with him. Isn't that crazy that he was literally part of a player trade? He also said his wife grew up a hillbilly. Then he chuckled and said he's not supposed to say hillbilly any more - now she's an "Appalachian-American".