‘64 Cyclone on BAT

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
A/FX
Comet Central Member

‘64 Cyclone on BAT

Post by A/FX »

This was just listed on Bring a Trailer. It’s had a color change, brake upgrade, aftermarket air conditioning compressor, aluminum radiator, and an alternator.
It says it has a top loader, so either its a late production car or someone swapped the T-10 for the top loader.
Jim
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1964- ... cyclone-4/
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: ‘64 Cyclone on BAT

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I like it, but it has a few things I don't like under the hood. Probably going to go too high for me anyway.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:46 pm
I like it, but it has a few things I don't like under the hood. Probably going to go too high for me anyway.
I looked over the pictures and saw a number of things that were done a little sloppy. I won’t go into the details. I believe the or interior color may have been black, the code says 6 which is not listed in the shop manual I have. The arm rests, dash pad, and console lid are black, maybe someone swapped out the seats and door panels to white.
Probably did that when the changed the exterior color from maroon to black.
Jim

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Pretty nice Cyclone, Jim.
There are a few goofy things under the hood but they wouldn't require much time or money to fix.
The Cragars don't allow enough offset to run a wider tire? IDK, never have owned a set.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Joe Travers wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:54 pm
Pretty nice Cyclone, Jim.
There are a few goofy things under the hood but they wouldn't require much time or money to fix.
The Cragars don't allow enough offset to run a wider tire? IDK, never have owned a set.

Joe
It will be interesting to see what this goes for, I’m estimating in the mid 20’s.
They are 14” Cragars so I am not sure. When I had Cragar SS on my Cyclone back in the ‘70’s I had 15x4 in the front and 15x 7 in the rear. The rear had positive offset so I could run a wide tire but it was too low of a profile. The front tires were tall and I had some rubbing issues. This is why this time I bought the wheels and tires then built the car around them.
Jim

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

A/FX wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:27 pm
It will be interesting to see what this goes for, I’m estimating in the mid 20’s.
I'm guessing $30K+ Not quite as clean as the one sold last year for $50K, JMO.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi