The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
A/FX
Comet Central Member

‘65 Cyclone on Hemmings web site

Post by A/FX »

‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: ‘65 Cyclone on Hemmings web site

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Pretty rusty, flags have wrong color checkers.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Sugarmaker

Post by Sugarmaker »

The rusty part would be a concern for sure. It may be much worse when opened up too. They always seem to be worse! Still learning about the Comets.
Regards,
Chris and Cheryl

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

I just see the adds and post what I think might interest other forum members, the condition of the cars is beyond my control. Now that I looked at the pictures of this offering I see many items that are in need of attention. The rusty floor and exhaust headers are a real attraction getter, the engine compartment looks like someone threw a pile old wires on top of the engine. Converted the car from stick shift to automatic and left the clutch pedal in place?? Maybe in the future I should scrutinize the adds before I post them.
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

A/FX wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:51 pm
Maybe in the future I should scrutinize the adds before I post them.
Jim
Awe come on ,,, you know we like to that. :lol: at least leave some for us to pick at. :roll:
Johno

Sugarmaker

Post by Sugarmaker »

A/FX,
I sure wasn't picking on you. The car may be worth the money to someone with the skills and the desire to make improvements to the Cyclone.
Keep posting!
Regards,
Chris and Cheryl

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Sugarmaker wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:19 pm
A/FX,
I sure wasn't picking on you. The car may be worth the money to someone with the skills and the desire to make improvements to the Cyclone.
Keep posting!
I did not take your comments as being picked on, no worries.
When I see a Comet for sale or auction I instinctually think it needs to be posted where Comet people congregate. I also do not mean to criticize some of the offerings but sometimes I see stuff that is difficult not comment on.
Jim
( by the way, my vote is to loose the headlamp covers on your ‘65. You did ask didn’t you?)

Sugarmaker

Post by Sugarmaker »

A/FX,
I did ask about the headlight covers. I could go either way on them My friend John says they need to go. If I get through this weekend I may add that little project to the list to remove them and set them aside for a while. It's like the fender skirts I got with the the car. Not really planning to use those on this car. Probably will be wall art.
Regards,
Chris and Cheryl

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Sugarmaker wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:00 pm
A/FX,
I did ask about the headlight covers. I could go either way on them My friend John says they need to go. If I get through this weekend I may add that little project to the list to remove them and set them aside for a while. It's like the fender skirts I got with the the car. Not really planning to use those on this car. Probably will be wall art.
Take the bottom 2 off & snap a pic or 2 with lights off before you take off the top 2. I'm curious what it would look like with them on the top only :P
Johno

Sugarmaker

Post by Sugarmaker »

Joe,
If I get a chance and remember I may try that headlight combo with the chrome covers off just the bottoms.
Thanks for the tip.
Regards,
Chris and Cheryl