Hey, new to web site, 64-65 comets / cyclones ?

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
CometInTheSky

Hey, new to web site, 64-65 comets / cyclones ?

Post by CometInTheSky »

Hey guys, this is my first post on your web site. I am in the market to buy a comet and have always liked the cyclone. If I cant find one is there a way to change a regular comet into a fake cyclone ? Where can I get the parts ?

Thanks

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Welcome C.i.t.S. to the forum and Comet Central :D

Sure you can build a Cyclone out of regular Comet (as long as it's a 2dr hardtop) there is nothing special about the Cyclone it mostly is a trim level and engine change, trim would be the easy part because there is a lack of trim on the Cyclones. You would need to look for a Caliente to start with and remove all the trim and weld the holes up. Calientes came with all differant engines from the sixes to the big V8s you would just have to decide on what you wanted to build and just start collecting parts.

Check out the links section in the forum and on the website for some sources of parts.

Some others here will probably have some suggestions also on what you would need to do that are far more knowlegable than me.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

4-2vcyclone
Comet Central Member

Post by 4-2vcyclone »

It can be done, but it will be expensive for all the oddball little details that are cyclone only. I see some really nice appearing cyclones on ebay from time to time, but if you already have a caliente, I would at least look for a cyclone donor car wich pop up from time to time.
Mike