Russ's 64

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
eckenber

Re: Russ's 64

Post by eckenber »

Opened the tent today to look at the comet. I can’t believe it’s been over 2 years since I worked on the car. To be honest, I kind of lost interest in the project and had no plans to finish. I always used the excuse that I had no time when I actually had plenty of time that I chose to do something else. I figured I finish what I started so back to work. The first thing to be done is clean 2 years worth of leaves from under the comet. Don’t want to start any fires. Have to finish off some things to complete the crates shock tower conversion. Started prepping and painting engine mnt brackets and tranny crossmember. This is how it looks after two years.
1970 Ford Fairlane 500 429scj -drag pack option
1986 Mustang GT, heads, cam, intake, vortech super charger
1964 comet calente -in progress

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

AIN"T no biggee,,thats the best thing to do ,,when you get burnt out,,walk away come back to it later,,you'll do a better job in most case's...My cobra kit car has sat longer and just now I am getting the itch to finish it....good luck,RUSS POP
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

COOL RUSS!!
Mine sat from '84to '99, just was doin other stuff. It was never for sale although I was asked several times.
You've done great work so far and looking forward to updates as you move forward.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

knock off the dust & leaves & look at all your hard work. I've looked at your thread many times & it has inspired me many times to keep going. take a look back thru your thread at all you've done, maybe it will help motivate you too! most of the hard crappy work is done!! :D :D sometimes your original plans need some slight adjustment!
Johno

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

poboyjo65 wrote:knock off the dust & leaves & look at all your hard work. I've looked at your thread many times & it has inspired me many times to keep going. take a look back thru your thread at all you've done, maybe it will help motivate you too! most of the hard crappy work is done!! :D :D sometimes your original plans need some slight adjustment!
I agree with John, Mine has sat for months at a time and then got to work on it for a week, weekend, or two then may sit for weeks or months. I have looked at my thread and others for inspiration/motivation and to get busy on it again. I figure as long as I keep picking at it, it will get done.

Lou

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

I found my greatest motivation was after it came back from the paint shop. It looked so dambed good I wanted to get it finished as fast as possible. So I pushed myself, worked hard and so made my greatest progress ever. Worked for me. :D :lol:
Ron

Tmfr72

Post by Tmfr72 »

Anyway you could send me these pictures of you doing the build. I’d love to look at them from my build. I’d like to have pictures to look at while installing the crites kit. Tmfr72@yahoo.com is my email

eckenber

Post by eckenber »

I haven't worked on my comet for 7 years. Much to busy with family life. Started doing some minor things on the car and seeing where I left off.
So my question is , does anyone have photos or input on the ram air headlamp install ?
Has anyone used the parts available from Spectre Performance or just gone with Crites.
Any feedback would be great. Thanks, glad to be back.
1970 Ford Fairlane 500 429scj -drag pack option
1986 Mustang GT, heads, cam, intake, vortech super charger
1964 comet calente -in progress