Comet Gathering

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
corky broughton

Comet Gathering

Post by corky broughton »

I'm wanting to get a sense of how many Comet enthusiasts would have an interest in attending an informal gathering on the second weekend (Check-in Friday and Check-out Sunday) June 8th, 9th, and 10th, 2012 at Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, Tn. Keep in mind I'm talking about a year away. My name is Corky Broughton and the proud owner of a 1964 Comet and I'm willing to make arrangments for a hotel (Mountain Breeze) that has the following: plenty of parking that allows the cars to be seen from the main drag, outdoor pool, trolley stop for the women to go shopping/get about, hotel balcony's in front of the rooms that face the parking lot.

Not sure of cost, depends on how many attend, but feel I can make a good deal for those that show up for the gathering. This gathering is not a car show but a chance for East Coast Comet members and their possible family members to have some down time and talk cars. This would be a great location for all family members to relax and have fun. If interested and would like to get more info on the exact details please email: corky.broughton@murraystate.edu By the way, there is go-cart racing across the street from the hotel.

Hope to hear from you, Corky

riverbum

Re: Comet Gathering

Post by riverbum »

i will be there, but i have lots of friends in the area i can stay with. i will trailer my car to maryville and drive it in

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Sounds good to POP...just read it to Ms pop,she said...thats not to far away,let's go!! So as of right now,count us in..thanks...POP
pop/glenda

SLCK64

Post by SLCK64 »

My car should be done by then to make that trip, I live in north central IL.

I say make a post in the Lounge and let every one with a Comet come, no matter what year.

comethead

Post by comethead »

Sounds good.
Ummmm...can we do it in California?
8)

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Shoot- Fire !!! Like SLICK64,said; YOU got a COMET..no matter the yr...bring it ,,show up,more is better...its a yr away and I'm pumped already...Am thinking about having a new coat of clear sprayed on POPS-COMET to give it a better shine. I can't wait to meet some of you great people..Luck to all!!! POP
pop/glenda

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

yea count me in.
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

comethead

Post by comethead »

Hmmm...Tail of the Dragon is close to Gatlinburg isnt it?
I could fly in...rent 5.0 Mustang...see ya'lls cars...drive the Dragon.
And go home with a smile on my face :D

Hmmm...

Joe

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

i used to drive 129, aka the tail of the dragon, several times a week when i lived just outside robbinsville, nc and was playing music in the pigeon forge area. i recommend you drive it at night to avoid all the inexperienced harDley davidson owners. it used to be fun to drive until it became a tourist destination. i remember racing teams unloading their cafe bikes off big enclosed trailers and tearing that road up. you would occasionally see some serious cars (cobras, vipers, vettes, ferraris, lotus) racing through there too. you didn't have any problem knowing they were approaching, they were on full race bikes and built cars. they were always courteous and we would yield to them. now it's cluttered with city slicker biker clubs riding in first gear and there are a half dozen photography companies set up taking pictures you can buy online. one i remember is www.killboy.com.

you could fly into chattanooga, rent a hertz mustang, drive through the ocoee gorge and meet me in ducktown, tn. then it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive through the dragon and the foothills parkway.

SLCK64

Post by SLCK64 »

hmmm so you are telling me to bring another set of rims/tires and get some adjustable shocks? lol hell thatll make it fun!!! Totallly in, but seriously, make a thread in the LOUNGE, it could be a sticky and we could make it a "national/East of the MISS" Comet Event!!! Think about it...

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

SLCK64 wrote:hmmm so you are telling me to bring another set of rims/tires and get some adjustable shocks? lol hell thatll make it fun!!! Totallly in, but seriously, make a thread in the LOUNGE, it could be a sticky and we could make it a "national/East of the MISS" Comet Event!!! Think about it...

heck yeah!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Sounds better ever time I read this!!!!! POP...............
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

riverbum wrote:you could fly into chattanooga, rent a hertz mustang, drive through the ocoee gorge and meet me in ducktown, tn. then it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive through the dragon and the foothills parkway.
That sounds like a great road trip...I think the airline I work for only flies into Nashville. I guess I could get a connecting flight. Details details :!:

Joe

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Nashville's good also you can meet up with me on I40 and roll in.
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

Groover

Post by Groover »

I like Nashville... not as far to tow my comet ;)
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...