64 Comet Interior

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
FOMOCOguy

64 Comet Interior

Post by FOMOCOguy »

I'm starting to gather the interior pieces for my 64 Caliente HT, but I'm not entirely sure which direction to go. I know I'm not going back with the woodgrain sticker on the dash...instead I'm going to use the black camera case style used on the cyclone. So I thought I might go with an entire Cyclone interior. I guess I won't make my mind up until I know what my options are for just ordering covers. Having a local interior guy sew me some from scratch is also an option.

So, can you guys give me some contacts for both the Caliente and Cyclone style interior parts? I'm redoing everything so I need door panels too.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

popscomet

Re: 64 Comet Interior

Post by popscomet »

THE wood-grain in POPSCOMET on the dash is wood-grain shelf paper with sticky back,bought a roll of it for a couple bucks,took scissors,cut one long strip,so the grain would stay the same,peeled the back off..stuck it on,trimmed and cut in,with a razor blade.Been on there since I built the car back in the 90's.You can look at the PIC's,still holding up.Black camara looks good,also.Thank-You and good-luck.....POP
pop/glenda

FOMOCOguy

Post by FOMOCOguy »

Thanks POP,

I found the Cyclone style on eBay and went ahead and bought it. I will most likely come up with some good pictures of the inside on a Caliente and have my interior guy sew new covers, but like I mentioned I always like to understand my options before I decide on a path to take.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THe door panels and kick panels in my caliente,are original,,my upolster man,made my new covers,just like the original[pattern].they wern't tore up,just faded real bad,head-liner was so dirty,had it replaced..have a good day...POP
pop/glenda

StPro

Post by StPro »

Is there a difference in headliners on the 64/65 Comets and the Falcons? I have seen headliners for sale and they note not for Caliente.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

FOMOCOguy

Post by FOMOCOguy »

Not too worried about carpet and headliner...those can be found pretty easy.

SLCK64

Post by SLCK64 »

popscomet wrote:THE wood-grain in POPSCOMET on the dash is wood-grain shelf paper with sticky back,bought a roll of it for a couple bucks,took scissors,cut one long strip,so the grain would stay the same,peeled the back off..stuck it on,trimmed and cut in,with a razor blade.Been on there since I built the car back in the 90's.You can look at the PIC's,still holding up.Black camara looks good,also.Thank-You and good-luck.....POP
Anyone know where I can find the camera-style stick on trim?

alans 64

Post by alans 64 »

StPro wrote:Is there a difference in headliners on the 64/65 Comets and the Falcons? I have seen headliners for sale and they note not for Caliente.
in 64 there are 2 different headliners. on my caliente I had the cardboard w/chrome strips. the chrome was in pretty bad shape and wasn't able to locate replacments. I 'opted to go with a standard stretched headliner. got a set of stock comet/falcon bows and bought one off of ebay. fit good and looks good.

alan
64 Caliente 2 dr ht A/FX sold to a fellow forum member
http://www.picturetrail.com/alanan55 past & present rides
40 ford coupe sold 1979 found in garage sitting for 34 years back home again.

StPro

Post by StPro »

alans 64 wrote:
StPro wrote:Is there a difference in headliners on the 64/65 Comets and the Falcons? I have seen headliners for sale and they note not for Caliente.
in 64 there are 2 different headliners. on my caliente I had the cardboard w/chrome strips. the chrome was in pretty bad shape and wasn't able to locate replacments. I 'opted to go with a standard stretched headliner. got a set of stock comet/falcon bows and bought one off of ebay. fit good and looks good.

alan
Thanks that cleared up my question. My 65 had the chrome accross the front and has regular bows, then was tucked under the the rear glass all the way down the sails. I just need to find a new tack strip for the windshield mine is rusted out.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

FOMOCOguy

Post by FOMOCOguy »

Can you just order 64 Cyclone interior from someone?

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

have you tried this place? i know nothing about them

http://home.earthlink.net/~falconcomet1963/

alans 64

Post by alans 64 »

riverbum wrote:have you tried this place? i know nothing about them

http://home.earthlink.net/~falconcomet1963/
yep, Jake is super to work with, quality bar none, very, very reasonable pricing, fast ship. better than any local I could find. here's mine.

alan

comethead

Post by comethead »

alans 64 wrote:yep, Jake is super to work with, quality bar none, very, very reasonable pricing, fast ship. better than any local I could find. here's mine.
alan
Man thats nice...Alan! I think when its time to redo my interior Jake will get the call.

BTW were the TX fires close to you??
My C-130 unit sent 2 aircraft to assist in dropping retardant on the blaze last month...grey aircraft with a green tail stripe that says "Channel Islands", CA Air Guard.

AZ is hurting too...

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

alans 64

Post by alans 64 »

comethead wrote:
alans 64 wrote:yep, Jake is super to work with, quality bar none, very, very reasonable pricing, fast ship. better than any local I could find. here's mine.
alan
Man thats nice...Alan! I think when its time to redo my interior Jake will get the call.

BTW were the TX fires close to you??
My C-130 unit sent 2 aircraft to assist in dropping retardant on the blaze last month...grey aircraft with a green tail stripe that says "Channel Islands", CA Air Guard.

AZ is hurting too...

Joe
Saw a sky train chopper and a couple of ag type planes. the big fire was about 10 mi so of me. right in the area where I used to live. I was the fire chief for 23 years and retired 3 years ago. I kept telling our city council that the area next to our village was a disaster waiting to happen. since we were in palo duro canyon it really had no place to go. think the total was about 30 homes. glad I was not there, been on those type of wildfires to many times. most people don't have a clue what happens during one. the news media pictures most time don't tell the whole story since they can't get close to take pictures. our area has had only .68 inches of rain since last november. none in april, may and probably june. all the area counties have banned the sale of fireworks with jail and hefty fines if caught with them. it's bad and that's putting it mildly.

here's a picture of a good friends shop that was lost in the 1st round several months ago. lost a restored 57 t-bird, 56 skyliner,56 restored ford convert, 49 ford pickup, 49 ford restomodded, numerous engines, trans, tools and everything. had a brand new never fired nailhead with 6-2's for the 40 p/u. insurance will pay some but not near enough. so, bad year so far and no rain in sight.
the mustang was not touched just burned the grass under it. . notice all the project cars in the background that were lost

comethead

Post by comethead »

Not good...
Our unit has 2-3 planes on constant stand-by at certain times of the year just for fires in the western states. We stage out of Boise, ID almost annually to cover the the north-west.
We had a close one here in SoCal last year. Wildfires suck.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed