will it fit????

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
comet_keeper

will it fit????

Post by comet_keeper »

Hi, I'm working on my '65. I am going old school gasser with it. There is a '46 ford truck front stright axle under it, and inner wheel wells cut back. I was going to go small block, but now I got a good deal on a 429 with a
c-6 trans.
I haven't measured everything out yet, but do you see any problems that I may have clearing the steering box? It does have cross steer set up.
If need be I will make wheel well headers for it.
Has anybody tried this set up? Anything I should look out for??
Thanks for any advice you may have.
My sons want a weekend toy so this is what we came up with. Needless to say I'm in big trouble with the little woman because she wanted it all stock. :?
Keep 'EM Cruisin'

supercomet

Post by supercomet »

WOW! I dont know of anyone that has done that yet. good luck. She will get over it. :lol:
Drew Wanzer
"I love the smell of roasting tires in the morning"

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Does it have the shock towers cut out of it? With them gone there would be much more room.

If the car is already cut up I don't think I would worry too much about stock, of course I'm not your wife :P , good opportunity to get a second one to fix up stock :D

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

429 in Comet

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

If the axle has a center spring you will need a truck pan[or custom]to clear the spring.You will need to make headers so why not make some cool fenderwell tubes.You will need some tunnel work to get that big ol C-6 to fit.I have a friend building a similar 65,but he is using parrallel springs on the axle,gives alot more room for the engine.If the towers are not out they will need to go,be sure to support the area where the towers were,that is a major strength area.That will be one bad Comet,you and the family should have some good times with it.Roy
Real Racecars have 3 pedals