poboyjos ride

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
SASSY

Re: poboyjos ride

Post by SASSY »

In your case ecm could well mean that! :D
The fender bolt hole will give you enough reference for speaker size,, bigger is better Ya know!
With the way my hearing is I gotta listen too hard to hear Eric.
I like to turn up ACDC :mrgreen:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

SASSY wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:19 pm
With the way my hearing is I gotta listen too hard to hear Eric.
I like to turn up ACDC :mrgreen:
That's probably why your hearing is the way it is. I SAID THAT'S PROBABLY WHY YOUR HEARING IS THE WAY IT IS. :lol: :lol:

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I saw ACDC 4 times ,they were loud for sure. sat in front of the speakers ,think it was the last time,ears rang for 3 days. :roll:

got the speaker boxes cut & putting the bends on them. I tried to take advantage of the flanges that were on this old ac unit cover. Made a mistake in my geometry :roll: can you see it?

I didn't think about that angle turning up one end. that was the factory flange but the top can be mashed down & made to work so I'll leave it. if anyone sees it before I get the fender on I'll tell them that I did that on purpose to get some slant on it for the water to drain off,it's right below the drain. :)

bottom part did it too but I can just cut it off since it dont have flanges,I made them extra long
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Looking forward to the "widebody" fender your going to create to go over the speaker box,,, :mrgreen:
I sure like that location for speakers,,,
4 times!!!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

SASSY wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:06 am
Looking forward to the "widebody" fender your going to create to go over the speaker box,,, :mrgreen:
I sure like that location for speakers,,,
4 times!!!
Fred you made me decide to not use the panel bond adhesive to mount these speaker boxes with this little widebody pun. just in case something dont jive I'll use old yeller or silicone or what ever I have laying around that hasn't dried up yet & that is removeable, :roll: I was already thinking of using something else just to be cheaper but you made up my mind for me.
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Well Johno, you could use some two part foam in a garbage bag to see exactly the space you have to work with.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jimscyclone this should clear it up. & save me 3000 words.(1000 per pic) the filter came in today so I made the box for it. just need to cut the mustang foam ring down from 2'' tall to about an inch tall so the filter box has room to breath, (since I'm closing off the cowl hat) & to be able to slide it all up to get it off to change the filter because it may not have enough room to slide out . (I'll glue the foam ring to the filter box)
This thing should work like an air purifier & collect dust instead of funneling it into the cabin. I have shutoffs on my heater hoses now so I could use it in the summer with the ac running at same time when the pollen is heavy. :P

Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Now it's clear to me! And that was a lot easier than reading 3000 words. :D

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Got the filter box finished so I mocked it up to see if I would be able to change the filter. I was able to slide it out to the rear & back in. It has 1'' of space above it with the cowl closed off . It seems like plenty enough room to breath to me. do we have any algebra experts on here? Groover? Jim? filter is 6''x6'' but the heater duct is a round 6'' . The filter has 1'' of space above it & open on 2 sides & maybe a little in the back & next to the kickpanel.

Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Well, your round duct opening into the heater box is your limiting factor on the amount of air it can draw through it, and that's about 28-1/4 sq in. If you've got a 1" x 6" space on two sides above the filter, that's a total of 12 sq. in., so that's about half the area of the opening into the heater box. BUT, your fan isn't going to pull nearly the capacity of a 6" duct, AND you've got the resistance of the filter to pull through. I doubt the fan would be starved pulling through the 12 sq in gap above it. I think you'll be fine.

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Thanks Jim. I had a plan B & C if the filter ended up too high to breath or too high to remove & change. I could raise the bottom of the cowl,which would have cut most of the rust out from that side or if it just needed a tad of more room to get the filter off I thought I could elongate the 4 heater mounting holes to move the heater down a smidge,the hole for the motor is already way bigger than it needs to be so wouldn't have to change that. as it turned out with an inch on top of room & the filter can be removed I can stick with plan A.
Johno

Groover

Post by Groover »

Thank goodness Jim came in and saved me from a math problem ;)
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Roy Pool mentioned many times after reading some mod I was doing,,,, YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS,,
May apply here, lol
Lookin good.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

SASSY wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:23 pm
Roy Pool mentioned many times after reading some mod I was doing,,,, YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS,,
May apply here, lol
Lookin good.
Yea it does apply here. but I try to have fun with it. but yea this snowball is rolling backwards.I get sidetracked easily. :roll:

link to Dashpad thread;viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17072

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17072
:!:
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Finished the speaker boxes;

got most of the dimeamat foil on ,still a little more up in there still to do.got the speakers mounted,put the grills on to protect speakers from me while I'm under there.they will come back off & go on over the kick panel but cant put kick panels back on till after the fenders are on ,,gotta access the mid bolt behind the kickpanel.

So I sat down to rest & try to figure out how to cut out the speaker holes in the kick panels. my drill was in the house,my biggest hole saw was too small. was thinking about a cheap circle cutter I had & sat there scanning all the pegboard & shelves when I spotted this more elaborate adjustable circle cutter that a buddy gave me, had never used it in a decade or so,,,but it did a great job! I was so glad I took the break & the time to find this! it made perfect holes;

now on to wire up the 2 speed 70's f-150 wiper motor & switch.
Johno