Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:37 pm
I have just what you need for the trunk :mrgreen:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

poboyjo65

Re: poboyjos ride

Post by poboyjo65 »

you know one of those speakers may fit! :lol: I it wouldn't be the first house speakers in a car of mine. in high school I had one big ole house speaker with a 12 or 15'' woofer in it & one big ole stadium speaker for the highs & one black sabbath 8 track & am/fm craig powerplay in a 67 4 dr chrysler newport. partytime they went out on top of the car. I had 2 house speakers in the back seat of a few other cars. I have a pair of bose 202's in my orange truck that still sound pretty good! I have several old sets of house speakers that have been on my mind, I haven't tried fitting any in the car yet. but easiest thing would be get 2 new 6x9's to replace the ones already in the car but they look busted. I'll get to that when I do the rear window seal snowball & redo the package tray cover all at same time.
Johno

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Looks Good John!

Nice place for speakers. And will look really good with just the grill's on the kick panels it will almost be flush!!

Taking a break and walking away almost always provides solutions if you kwim.

Do you have a retro radio or one of the hidden types?? I really haven't gave a radio much thought in mine, but if I do put one in it would have to be a hidden type. Or if I ever get around to building a console could make a provision for a radio in it.

Would be cool to listen to some AC/DC Back in Black. :)

Lou

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:39 pm
you know one of those speakers may fit! :lol:
They'll both fit if you pull the spare :P Cabs are 16"X48" each. 2- 12" + horn in each ported cabinet. They're PA cabs I used to use years ago.
I measured my trunk and it's 62" from rear seat back panel to taillight panel.
That would make a crazy party car @ meets! :lol:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Lookin' good! 8) Be sure to post any details about your wiper system install that will be helpful to others (me :) ). I've got the controller and switch, just need the motor. What did your motor come out of?

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:04 pm
Lookin' good! 8) Be sure to post any details about your wiper system install that will be helpful to others (me :) ). I've got the controller and switch, just need the motor. What did your motor come out of?

Jim
thanks Y'all! Jim yea I have had to re-learn what I had figured out last spring :roll: ,& I had revised my diagram 3-4 times & couldn't remember which was the final one,shoulda deleted the old ones. :roll: & I still get out there & freeze up in staring contest with the wires in the dash. even drug out my parts car harness to look at. I decided today to not use any of the cars factory intermittent wiper systems wiring ,just tape & tie it off.it had an extra set of wires that went out to the engine bay to the vacuum gov. that I had tied into for my elec choke but I'll just run a new one to it. Only the hot wire to the back of the old switch is all I'll use so it will be on the same fuse,& it was separated anyway. using all new or different wiring makes it a lot easier on the noggin because the truck motor wiring colors match the switch wiring . it would be a breeze but adding the foot swiper action back in made it more difficult. so rather than use the old wires for it I'll just tape those up & use new wire down to the foot pedal too. I did mock it all up & got my wire lengths measured & now ready to pull it all out & do one more bench test then make connections permanent.

Lou I'm still back & forth with the stereo. I have a nice am that could be retro modernized but that pretty expensive & with the 6-8 week wait or what ever it is,,,, it pretty easy to keep putting it off. I've been looking for that thread,but cant find it, where some one mentioned a fairly cheap hidden stand alone radio that had all the new stuff/ blue teeth like what they would put in if I sent my am off.
Johno

StPro

Post by StPro »

I put My 65 in the in the new garage shop back in March and have been setting up arranging the shop and tools. I love the detail info on the cowl replacement. Mine is rusted along with the floor of the air box, the outside firewall and A pillar to fire wall panel. I did find a Falcon firewall only needing material added where it was cut short. I like the use of panel bond. I want to just glue my car back together.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

comethead

Post by comethead »

Looks darn good Johnnie!!
Seems like everything is too damn expensive these days. I haven’t checked around but it cost me $350 to get my radio converted years ago…cant imagine what it would cost now
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

I couldn't find a modern radio that fits a 65 dash because of the long knob stems so I sent the original to some guy in Tennessee. He basically replaces the guts with new up to date electronics. So now the radio can play am/fm, WiFi. I put my favorites on a USB stick which it will play, charge your phone and you can talk to it. He sent me a CD to learn how to use it, all for about $700.00 including some speakers :roll: I still don't know how to use it all. I just let it play my favorites. :D I still debate if it was worth it.
Tom
tomb's 65

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yea Tom that's who I will use if I update the am.I believe his name is Richard Blankenship in murphysboro Tn. Bout 100 miles east of me.he has some videos on YouTube of showing how to operate different old radios he had done including an am/fm and an am 65 comet radios .
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

$700!! X ~1.35 exchange at the moment plus duty, that AM can sit in the dash and buzz! Thats too much cruisin cash for this ole boy.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:25 pm
Yea Tom that's who I will use if I update the am.I believe his name is Richard Blankenship in murphysboro Tn. Bout 100 miles east of me.he has some videos on YouTube of showing how to operate different old radios he had done including an am/fm and an am 65 comet radios .
That would be the guy :D
Tom
tomb's 65

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Got to agree with Fred, $700+ little much for a radio.

I no longer have a opening in my dash for a radio, but would be interested in having a hidden one somewhere. Guess the days of the pioneer super tuner of gone, :)

Radio is pretty low on my list.

Lou

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Lou's Comet wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:30 am
Got to agree with Fred, $700+ little much for a radio.

I no longer have a opening in my dash for a radio, but would be interested in having a hidden one somewhere. Guess the days of the pioneer super tuner of gone, :)

Radio is pretty low on my list.
Good old Pioneer super tuner 👍 Had several of those. Have old Pioneer system in the house to spin records.

Have two Kenwood speakers in back tray. Haven't bothered to hook 'em up. I listen to the exhaust system humming. :D

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

tomb22 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:47 pm
all for about $700.00 including some speakers :roll: I still debate if it was worth it.
Tom
do you feel like jerking it all back out & selling it for say 800-900? if the answer is no then it was worth it. :lol: if I was looking to buy your car it would be a lot more attractive with modern guts in that am radio. & especially to a younger person who was raised with all the bluetooth/mp3/ipod/usb capabilities .
it's better than a super tuner or a powerplay was to us back in the day. & when I look at the new stuff I dont know if I'm getting a kraco or pioneer :? . & really dont know how to hook all that stuff up or what all I need.

That dude that upgrades them is easy to understand on those videos ,for me at least ,with his hick accent ,I can pull up his how-to video on my phone & he'll sound like one of my buddys sitting in there with me telling what to0 do. I can make him back up & say it again or shut up for a minute :lol:

I'm 95 % sure he spits baccer right off the bat ...he says "I gotta 19,,spittoon,,,1965 comet am radio ..." :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTXy5uPuoc4
Johno