poboyjos ride

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
poboyjo65

Re: poboyjos ride

Post by poboyjo65 »

Thanks Guys! I had the shroud/tray powder coated so no masking. 2 1/2'' pipes with bigger resonator tips.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I need some help, John. Maybe I'm blind, but the only difference I see in the two pics of the rear is that your floor jack is facing the opposite direction. :? What am I missing?
The black shroud looks great. I think it puts more emphasis on your engine, which is well worth admiring. The plaque is neat, too. How did you make it?
JIm

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

:lol: :lol: good ! good to hear it isn't very noticeable. read the emblem Jim.
What Plaque? the Roy sticker ? his son Doug sent me that, the tray looked kinda empty, like it needed a final touch.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Well DUH! :oops: That went right by me. Looks factory to me (now that I see it). I wasn't sure if the Roy emblem was 3-D or not, so I called it a plaque. It all looks great.
Jim

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Johnnie she's lookin good. Missed you this year at the gathering. I hope all is well my friend. Keep up the good work, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:I need some help, John. Maybe I'm blind, but the only difference I see in the two pics of the rear is that your floor jack is facing the opposite direction. :? What am I missing?
JIm
I couldn't tell the difference either :D I looked at those two pictures four or five times and didn't see it. The Carburetor box in the background didn't even move!
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

comethead

Post by comethead »

Looks great John!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Thanks guys. Pugs I missed being at PF , hopefully be back next year!

I was pleased with the outcome of the way the emblem looked. & he only charged 3 bucks for it. I made him take 6 since this same guy gave my a coffee cup & enough magnetic sign material to make about 3 cowl covers last year. I think someday I may go back & have him make it go all way across & under the flag .

Imageimg host

I was hoping the caliente emblem would blend in & not be too noticeable, but for a guy who owns a 65 cyclone to be the first guy to speak up & say ''what's different?'' is better than I expected. & sorry I haven't cleaned my shop workbench off in months, but hey I did move the jack around!! :lol:

Doesn't the rear checkered flag emblems of cyclones usually come red? ... so mine will be different in that aspect too.
Last edited by poboyjo65 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

I agree it looks stock and fits right in!
Nice touch on the Roy Pool emblem!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Yeah, the checkers on the rear emblem are red on a Cyclone. I noticed yours were black once I realized you had changed the name to Caliente. Man, I'm observant! If Custer had had me for his scout, the outcome would have been the same. :roll:
Jim

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Yeah, the checkers on the rear emblem are red on a Cyclone. I noticed yours were black once I realized you had changed the name to Caliente. Man, I'm observant! If Custer had had me for his scout, the outcome would have been the same. :roll:
Jim
Hehehehe!! :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: You & me both!!!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Looks good John, looked at the pictures 3/4 times before I noticed the " Caliente " . Love that kind of stuff!!

IMO It is things like that give cars character and personality.

Lou

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Thanks Lou! yea it keeps surprising me how natural & how well it blends in when I walk by it. but the right end of the new plaque keeps jumping out at me ,,,so I think for as cheap as it was I'll go back & have him make another one just like this one as for the lettering but longer on the right side with extended red border line & take the trouble to put it under the flag. that will make it look like it was original .
Johno

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

poboyjo65 wrote:Thanks Lou! yea it keeps surprising me how natural & how well it blends in when I walk by it. but the right end of the new plaque keeps jumping out at me ,,,so I think for as cheap as it was I'll go back & have him make another one just like this one as for the lettering but longer on the right side with extended red border line & take the trouble to put it under the flag. that will make it look like it was original .
Never noticed that edge where the Caliente emblem stops until you said something, but I agree going under the flag will make it look original. Even with the edge it is a Very Cool Idea,

I was at Carlisle last week and a guy had a either nos or refurbished set of tail panel trim. It was very nice. Looked brand new and pretty much perfect. Was a little pricey but IMO not outrageous. Came close to trying to buy them but decided to see what I could do with mine first.

Lou

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Well I couldnt move on, it just kept staring at me . I bet most of you know what I mean. I just couldn't do anything else until I fixed it.So I had another plaque made that goes all the way across under the flag with bigger letters.

I think I can move on now! for some reason I think I like the smaller letters better , but these are more the size of the cyclone letters but bolder. & she made the red bolder too.

Bought this underdash ac off ebay. I already had one just like it but this one had really nice chrome. maybe by next season I'll have it up & cooling!

Last edited by poboyjo65 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Johno