poboyjos ride

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
poboyjo65

Re: poboyjos ride

Post by poboyjo65 »

DesertRat wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:29 pm
Now I have seen the color photo and I have another build thread to read back to front. Your car is beautiful and the metal work is outstanding!
How did you get the hood the way it is?
-----------Doug----------
Thank you ! not sure what you mean bout the hood. what way? there is a section in there somewhere on it ,probably closer to the end than beginning. I bought the hood if that's what you mean. it is a repop of the proto type hoods that were available in 65, but it has a snorkel on the bottom taken from the afx style hood that crites makes. a guy in louisville Ky made them for a while.
Johno
215-60-15 on 7x15's .... 29-15-15 on 10x15's

comethead

Post by comethead »

Hey Johnnie I guess that guy stopped making those hoods?
Man you can never know with Comet and Falcon parts getting repopped. They come and go. Like those hoods. And the steel shifter humps. I think the gas tanks are still made.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

comethead wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:44 am
I think the gas tanks are still made.
Yep, Joe. My friend Roop just installed one in his '65 404.

JT

1963 Custom Hardtop

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

[/quote]
Thank you ! not sure what you mean bout the hood. what way? there is a section in there somewhere on it ,probably closer to the end than beginning. I bought the hood if that's what you mean. it is a repop of the proto type hoods that were available in 65, but it has a snorkel on the bottom taken from the afx style hood that crites makes. a guy in louisville Ky made them for a while.
[/quote]
Fred: I re-started at the beginning of your build thread last night soon realizing that I have already read 75% of it. It is where I got a lot of my ideas. That and Lou's Comet thread as well. I really like the hoods with the scoops but I wont put fiberglass on my car if I can help it.
---------Dout-------------
It's casual entertainment, we aim to please-----------------Image

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

comethead wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:44 am
Hey Johnnie I guess that guy stopped making those hoods?
Man you can never know with Comet and Falcon parts getting repopped. They come and go. Like those hoods. And the steel shifter humps. I think the gas tanks are still made.
Joe
I think so Joe. I think comet parts dont sell good enough to be lucrative. however,there is a guy on facebook who use to work for crites (building hoods & molds) & he's making hoods on his own now. he's making 64 & 65 teardrop hoods & wants to pull molds from a proto type hood like mine & an afx hood to start making those. & they look great in black gelcoat that looks great as it comes!
DesertRat wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:27 am

Fred: I re-started at the beginning of your build thread last night soon realizing that I have already read 75% of it. It is where I got a lot of my ideas. That and Lou's Comet thread as well. I really like the hoods with the scoops but I wont put fiberglass on my car if I can help it.
---------Dout-------------

Doug not sure if you're talking to me or Fred! lol but here is another good thread .it is a dyno don tribute car now being raced.
https://cometcentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1274
Johno
215-60-15 on 7x15's .... 29-15-15 on 10x15's