65 Comet price?

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
CTX-SLPR

65 Comet price?

Post by CTX-SLPR »

Howdy,

I'm a brandnew member of the board and I was wondering how much a 65 Comet goes for these days in good physical shape? I'm looking for one and wondering whats a good price for these cars. Any one has one up for sale I'm interested as well.

Thanks

C5GY63E

Post by C5GY63E »

You can expect just about anything on price. I have seen real junk sell for $300 all the way up to $20K for a super nice restored Cyclone. If you add something rare like the HiPo engine option, AM/FM radio or original fiberglass hood the price just goes up from there.

CTX-SLPR

Post by CTX-SLPR »

Well I was looking for a 2 door hardtop 65 Comet, perferably a Caliente, with a solid body and frame and a mostly complete interior in decent shape. I plan on doing a drivetrain swap so a running car isn't required, though I would like it to be a manual transmission and a v8 car orginally so I don't have to mess with the clutch, springs, and such in the begining. Would I be looking at about $2K for such a car?

Thanks

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

CTX-SLPR & C5GY63E,

Welcome to the forum, I like to try and welcome everyone when they join, ans hope you guys enjoy the site and get some use out of it :wink:

CTX-SLPR good luck on finding your car :D

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

dgpmerc

Post by dgpmerc »

If you search for awhile you might be able to get one for 2k. I really got lucky and bought my 64 Caliente 2dr HT with the 289 4bbl for $2400. Its cosmetically about as perfect as you can get, zero rust and a really nice interior. It has 92k original miles and was a 1 owner car. The one downside is that its an automatic, but I've got all the parts needed to switch it over to a 4-speed toploader.

The only problem with the toploader switch though is now I'm thinking of going with a 5-speed instead...

Dave
1964 Caliente 2dr HT