New ‘65 Caliente project

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
comethead

Re: New ‘65 Caliente project

Post by comethead »

Geez $500! We can’t get those kinda deals out here in CA!
Man both body styles HT and 2 door sedan look pretty badass on a 65. 64 not so much. :lol:
Congrats on the find!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

comethead wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:16 am
Man both body styles HT and 2 door sedan look pretty badass on a 65. 64 not so much. :lol:
Congrats on the find!

Joe
Joe, I've keep my comments above board, we've been through this,, which is the better looking car. Pops dont let him draw you in he's probably suffering from poor lap times? :mrgreen: :) :lol: :lol:
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Now, boys. Play nice. (But Joe's right :wink: )

Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

comethead wrote:
Man both body styles HT and 2 door sedan look pretty badass on a 65. 64 not so much.
I know the '64 sedan looks slightly better than the '64 HT by just a slight advantage but then again the '64 is the best looking Comet of them all :roll: :P :lol:

None of this diminishes the fact Jim picked up a really good deal on the '65, even I would have been hard-pressed not to pass that up from what I see.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

SASSY wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:43 am
comethead wrote:
Congrats on the find!

Joe
Joe, I've keep my comments above board, we've been through this,, which is the better looking car. Pops dont let him draw you in he's probably suffering from poor lap times? :mrgreen: :) :lol: :lol:
Fred
FRED,,,pop is staying out of this.....ain't no tellin how much beer has been swigged down....hopefully tomorrow his common sense while return,,,if not the polish mafia owes me a favor,,,I may send them to californa :shock: :shock:
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

popscomet wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:01 am
SASSY wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:43 am
comethead wrote:
Congrats on the find!

Joe
Fred
FRED,,,pop is staying out of this.....ain't no tellin how much beer has been swigged down....hopefully tomorrow his common sense while return,,,if not the polish mafia owes me a favor,,,I may send them to californa :shock: :shock:
Ok ok I take it back! Quite honestly I love them all... even the 64s :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

ArkansasComet wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:42 pm
Here are a couple more pics of the new Caliente before & after power washing the moss off, doesn’t look too bad for a $500 car!
That's a nice deal for a solid body w/ all the glass intact!
Glad it wasn't sitting on it's belly sucking up rain water.

Cool project car 8)
JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP has been trying to buy one like it for years,,,,it belongs to my HS auto teacher,,he bought it brand new even has the fender skirts,,289 3spd on column....with AC under dash,,bench seat,,100% untouched except he had dual exhaust added,,,it sits behind his house and has for years,,,rotting away and he won't part with it,,,,he's up in his 80's...pityful just plain pityful to see it waste away......in fact I went to his house asking about it so often,he ask me to stop if that comet was the only reason I came to his house,,,,so I don't go back and it's been better part of 2yrs,,,might go back ,might not ....boy when new that black on black was sharp............good luck !!...pop
pop/glenda