65 quarter panels

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
mercuryman

65 quarter panels

Post by mercuryman »

Has anybody dealt with northwest classic for 65 quarter panels? They have them listed for sale on there website. Is this real? Didn’t think anybody had these. falconcometinteriors.com is the website

loman

Re: 65 quarter panels

Post by loman »

If this is the same place I contacted a few years ago, i would make sure to ask them about the wheel well opening. I thought they were making the wheel well opening like a 65 Falcon and not a Comet. Although i think a 65 wagon might have a falcon style opening.

mercuryman

Post by mercuryman »

Well they claim it’s a comet wheel opening...

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Thanks for the link, MM!
Found a few things I needed. Got it bookmarked.

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Joe Travers wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:51 pm
Thanks for the link, MM!
Found a few things I needed. Got it bookmarked.

JT
JT his interiors are well known & all good reviews on his stuff that I have heard.
Johno

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

Years back they made them with Falcon wheel openings. It would be great if someone finally made comet ones.
Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

smithhe

Post by smithhe »

I see it says 64-65 comet for the quarter panels, would this mean they have a 64 comet rear wheel well opening? I have been trying to find one for years since mine are getting rusty and I do not have the skills to remake them myself.
1964 Mercury Comet 404 with 347 stroker

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

smithhe wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:57 am
I see it says 64-65 comet for the quarter panels, would this mean they have a 64 comet rear wheel well opening?
I guess I would be skeptical since '64 and '65 are not the same at all, somewhere I did a little PS work putting different wheel openings on a '64, I put '65 Comet and '64 Falcon as well, I think it was the general consensus that a '64 needed a '64 quarter to look right, and I agree.

I may not have done my the best way or the most ideal but I did not pay a premium for a nice set of quarters that would be better served on a nicer car than mine :roll: mine only cost time and some welding wire & gas, I learned that is is best to find out for sure how extensive the rust is before looking at it and determining the only solution is to replace the whole thing, mine were not that bad overall but had a few bad spots that did not extend too far past the rust hole so I was able to cut the rust out and patch it in bits and pieces but again it is more ideal to put one patch in over 10 and don't recommend what I did to anyone but so far it has worked for me and I will hold my final judgment until I am finished with the bodywork.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I like how Fred repaired Sassy by using the wheel radius from an extra set of front fenders to patch his rear quarters. Looks real good and there are still some fenders around out there
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

mercuryman

Post by mercuryman »

Looking at them on the website they appear to be for a 65. Quite pricey though.. and they are just the lower half not the full quarter.