Update on me.

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
tomb22

Re: Update on me.

Post by tomb22 »

Thanks so much for the update. Praise the Lord
tom
tomb's 65

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

tntrash wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:07 pm
Didn't see the latest Facebook update on here from Lori that she posted about Mike:

Just an update, Miracle Mike continues on his journey - doing well, has started a second round of chemo with absolutely no side effects from it. He graduated from physical therapy this week after completing all his goals, including easily navigating our flight of stairs in the house. He will continue with some speech therapy to work on the higher cognitive skill re-building and memory function. This weekend he will begin work again on his 64' Comet, sanding and prepping for it to be painted. Bought a TENS unit to help with that left arm numbness and he already seems to notice improvement with using it. He is going to visit Bethel Church in Strafford, where we used to attend, to deliver a testimony and message this Sunday to our friends and former pastor there. I am in awe of what God is doing and thankful to have Mike home with me as we are enjoying the summer. We are walking together around the outside of house for exercise and he is regularly driving the cart around. We have an eye appointment set up because there is still some vision impairment on the left side which needs checked out. God is delivering on his promises to my husband and I get to watch these miracles unfold before me. He is good. Very good.
It is great to hear Mike is doing better! Everyone here on the forum is wishing him the best and have him in their thoughts. Thank you for posting this for us guys who do not subscribe to FB.
Mike: Keep the positive outlook! You will be back full time on the Comet real soon!
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

This is an update on Mike from Lori ;

MikeLori Norval
27m ·
Hi everyone. An update on me and Mike…he did suffer a setback in his recovery after the awful tumor bled again causing stroke like symptoms again in his left side. He is home and receiving in home physical therapy again to get balance and strength back. He continues the Optune treatment as well. Last MRI showed stable tumor with no new growth. However the last chemo round did a bad hit in his bone marrow taking down his blood platelets severely so chemo is on hold until those recover. In the meantime we purchased a house in Forsyth and will soon have our place sold. We look forward to being close to Mike’s aunts, uncle, cousins, brother, sister in law and now we are excited to learn his sister and family from California are coming to live in the Forsyth area as well. We will miss our other family members and our church in St. Clair county very much. Forsyth brings us full circle as we lived there when we were newlyweds. There is a purpose in everything and we simply keep trusting God in this and try to be obedient to his leading. We hope to be moved in October. The new house is cozy and has a great view over lake Taneycomo. Pray with us as we open this new chapter together.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Thanks for the update, Johno.

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thanks for the up date...ain't for sure where that town is,,,,,never heard of it.....pop
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Thanks for the update Johno. Will be praying for them.
Tom
tomb's 65

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

popscomet wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:27 am
thanks for the up date...ain't for sure where that town is,,,,,never heard of it.....pop
Google earth says east and a bit north of Branson.
Wishing you only the best Mike!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

?
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Not so good report from Lori

MikeLori Norval
6m ·
Hello friends and family. Mikes journey continues with another setback and this one is heartbreaking as he has been diagnosed with blood clots in his lungs. These can occur in individuals who have brain tumors and who have undergone chemotherapy. It starts as deep thrombosis in the legs and often the clots move into the lungs. Unfortunately for him we cannot use clot busting drugs because of the bleeding tumor and how likely it would be to cause a recurrence of that. We have chosen to not take that path of the harsh blood clotting drugs but instead put things in the hands of the Lord. Mike is in the hospital in El Dorado Springs resting comfortably and we await a possible admission in Forsyth to a skilled nursing facility for a time of more rehab and until I can get home set up in our new place where he can then receive in home hospice care. We continue to trust in the Lord and whatever his plan is for us. my hope is to keep Mike comfortable and as happy as possible. We are still very excited to have family close to us in Forsyth and We can’t wait to get down there. Continue to pray for us for strength courage and endurance as we navigate this gauntlet we have been chosen to run. But I know there’s a blessed hope at the end of this with perfect peace no more pain no more tears no more sorrow and perfect restoration. Love you all and cherish your prayers and thoughts
Johno

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Thanks for the update, John.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Thanks John for the update and I will keep them both in my prayers. They are both trusting in the Lord and know that He is in control. That will give them peace
Tom
tomb's 65

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Thanks, John. Not what I was hoping to hear.

Jim

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Hopefully Mike is aware that everyone here is pulling for him and hopes for a full recovery.
Modern medicine is amazing and it sounds as if they are seeking every option.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Man, I haven't stopped in for a long long time, I am very saddened to read this.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.