poboyjos ride

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
albert

Re: poboyjos ride

Post by albert »

I was at the Spring Carlisle PA event last weekend which is one of the largest events around. Spent several hours going up and down the aisles. Did not see any 64/65 Comet parts and there were hundreds of cars for sale and never saw one Comet. There were thousands of people there, our hobby is not dead!
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Loner wrote:I would love to find a Cyclone hood like Joe's, a Cyclone tach would be cool also. Or better yet a whole car :lol: :lol:
Most of the parts for Comets that I have found at swap meets have been from sellers that haven't got a clue of what they came off of. Most times I never see any parts for 64-65 cars.

Matt
When I bought my Comet the guy had a factory Cyclone fiberglass hood in his garage. Along side the crites hood. He wanted $500 for the factory FG hood and since that was pretty much half of what I was paying for the Comet I got the crites hood for a extra 200. Still kick myself for not getting th factory hood :(

And to be fair if my car was a Cyclone I would more than likely put the Caliente side trim on it.

Every morning and evening I search the local craigslist for 65 Comet stuff, a couple times a year may see something.

Lou

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I was at the Charlotte auto fair earlier this month and saw nothing for Comets, any year. Last year there was one 65 Caliente for sale, and I saw a few emblems in one booth. There were a few Falcons and Falcon parts, and tons of Mustang stuff and cars. Lots of 50's and 60's Chevys. My son-in-law is building a 53 Chevy truck rat rod on a S-10 frame, and there were at least three vendors there ranging from a mom-and-pop 20 ft trailer to tractor-trailer rigs that opened up like a store front where you could buy just about anything you wanted in the way of re-popped body panels, trim, etc. for 49 through 56 Chevy trucks. You could practically build one from scratch from the re-pop stuff! I saw a couple of Falcon replacement floor panels, but nothing Comet. :(
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I think adding or taking something away on your comet ,falls under ....WELL,IT'S MY CAR AND THAT IS WHAT I LIKE,SO THAT'S WHAT I'M GONNA DO :!: :!: as OL POP has been put down lots of time,for my hood,,changing to a 4spd etc.,so if you have a CAL and want to hang a cyclone trinket on it.....go for it !JMO...pop
pop/glenda

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

I don't have the Caliente fender emblems on mine, I lost one years ago when I had it apart for paint. Never worried about replacing it. People at car shows ask me if it is a Caliente, which surprises me. You hardly ever see these cars around, yet a few people still remember the models. Must be the side trim that people remember.
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

Loner

Post by Loner »

popscomet wrote:I think adding or taking something away on your comet ,falls under ....WELL,IT'S MY CAR AND THAT IS WHAT I LIKE,SO THAT'S WHAT I'M GONNA DO :!: :!: as OL POP has been put down lots of time,for my hood,,changing to a 4spd etc.,so if you have a CAL and want to hang a cyclone trinket on it.....go for it !JMO...pop
I'm with you on that one Pops!
About the only thing that bugs me is when someone stuffs a chevy engine in a Ford or vise versa.

Sorry for sending your build thread into the infield Johno :| :|

Matt

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

It's the new lounge Matt, we're thinking of serving drinks. :lol:
Johno

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

I'll take one! :D :D :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Comin right up! :lol:
Johno

Loner

Post by Loner »

Cool, I'll take a Cyclone and a round for the house 8)

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

RECKON,a guy could put all the cyclone trinkets on,and turn what ever he had into a cyclone clone,,like that guy I worked with that used SUPER SPORT STUFF on his cheby nova and calls it a SS,,but we all knew it was a fake.......boils down to whatever a man wants to do,after all it's his car and he's paying for it.....more power to 'EM... :? :lol: :wink: pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Last edited by poboyjo65 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johno

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Damn...that's awesome man...thumbs-up... !!! :lol: :lol: :cry: :lol: :D
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

Loner

Post by Loner »

Love the badge and the personalization. There is a couple of cars on here that give me inspiration and your car is one of them. That is one cool comet you built and it just keeps getting cooler!!!!

Matt

BST'65

Post by BST'65 »

Pulling back your masking and seeing that fresh paint never gets old! That's sweet! :o those pipes look wicked!! 3in?