Crusie control for 65 automatic transmission?

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
kevinshi

Crusie control for 65 automatic transmission?

Post by kevinshi »

Anyone had luck installing cruise control? If so what make/model did you install and any words of wisdom?
Thanks,
kevin
1965 Caliente Convertible
5H25A525287 (76DM6204L5416)

tomb22

Re: Crusie control for 65 automatic transmission?

Post by tomb22 »

I just installed a "Rostra Precision Controls" universal GlobalCruise control. I also bought their control switch that mounts to the steering column. It came in a real nice kit with parts for all applications, including the wiring. There is a lot of wiring involved. The unit is programmable for all applications. I have a speedhut speedometer that gives the controller a pulse signal for how fast your going. Otherwise you need to buy a sending unit that has magnets you install on your drive shaft with a pickup to come up with a pulse for the controller.
They have a lot of different switches and parts to make it work with any application. They also have great service help to answer any questions or need help.
I've only had the car out once and tried it. It works but it is surging a little so I need to reprogram that part of it. Programing is nothing but switches to flip.
There are wires to hook up to the brake switch and neutral switch.
I would look them up on the internet.
If you have any questions, let me know.
Tom
tomb's 65

Jims65cyclone

Re: Crusie control for 65 automatic transmission?

Post by Jims65cyclone »

tomb22 wrote:I just installed a "Rostra Precision Controls" universal GlobalCruise control. I also bought their control switch that mounts to the steering column.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=t ... e&_sacat=0

I had squirreled this away from your build thread for future reference, Tom. :wink:
Jim