Tomb's 65 Comet Build

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
poboyjo65

Re: Tomb's 65 Comet Build

Post by poboyjo65 »

Tom ,on you cup holders,,,what size is the smaller one? will a coke can fit in it?
Johno

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

poboyjo65 wrote:Tom ,on you cup holders,,,what size is the smaller one? will a coke can fit in it?
Hi John
The inside of the smaller one measures 2 3/4" wide. A pop can just fits. It's loose but doesn't sway. The outside rim measures 3 1/8". Hope this helps you.
Tom
tomb's 65

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Thanks Tom .where did you get them?
Johno

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

poboyjo65 wrote:Thanks Tom .where did you get them?
Got them on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091 ... UTF8&psc=1

Tom
tomb's 65

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Thanks Tom. :D
Johno

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Here is what I ended up doing with the grill. I painted the whole thing semi gloss black and I'm now sanding off the paint with a dremel tool with a small drum sanding disc.

Here is a picture of the passenger door with the door panel installed.

Getting closer to being totally done.
Thanks for looking
Tom
tomb's 65

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Cool 8)

Are you going to spray any thing on the grill when you are finished to protect the shine?

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I did the same thing to the grill on my first Cyclone, except I sanded it by hand with 400 grit sandpaper, and I only removed the paint from the area that was inside the corral.
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

HEY,,I like those door panels,,had the same yrs ago in my 67 Fairlane 2drht sbf 4spd,,,your gonna have a sweet ride ..pop
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

lavron wrote:Cool 8)

Are you going to spray any thing on the grill when you are finished to protect the shine?

See Ya,
Mike
Hadn't thought about that mike. Maybe I'll wait to see what happens with it.
popscomet wrote:HEY,,I like those door panels,,had the same yrs ago in my 67 Fairlane 2drht sbf 4spd,,,your gonna have a sweet ride ..pop
Thanks POP

Tom
tomb's 65

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

The car has been sitting all winter and I find a puddle under it. :( So I check it out and I fine that the fluid is automatic transmission fluid dripping from the 2 piece drain I installed way back when. Today I drained the pan and lowered it to redo the drain plug. I have a mess on my floor but the pan is back on and will have to watch it after I fill it back up again. Still waiting for the new snow to melt.
tomb's 65

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

if it wasn't that bad of a leak,,,,,might have stopped after all got hot again and resealed itself :shock: :wink: pop
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Might of. It just irritating to see it leaking, especially when its supposed to be new.
tom
tomb's 65

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

tomb22 wrote:Might of. It just irritating to see it leaking, especially when its supposed to be new.
tom
:lol: a leak is as irritating as a dang dog you raise from a puppy to hunt,and it won't do anything,,,but follow you around in the woods and hike his leg on every tree and bush and your nice whls on your truck...... :shock: :lol: POP
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Just an Update.
Well we finally have had some nice weather here so I've been driving the car and tweeking it. Fixed the leaky transmission drain, adjusted the headlights, adjusting the rear breaks and adjusting the cruise control also. So far so good and I've been happy with the results. The car tracks really good and runs very smooth. So one of these days I will check the front alignment and adjust it, then have it professionally checked for front and rear alignment.
I have a weird noise in the rear end, when turning sharp the posi seems to be grabbing a little. Hoping that will get worn a little and the noise will go away. Only happens when turning very sharp.
Looking forward to getting on it, but haven't done it yet. A little more each time. Just making sure all my welds are good.
tom
tomb's 65