1964 Cyclone reconstruction album

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
Lou's Comet

Re: 1964 Cyclone reconstruction album

Post by Lou's Comet »

WOW,,, What a phenomenal build!! Looked through your pictures a few times, and every time see something new. The attention to detail and the small stuff is outstanding, and to me that is what makes a car. Love It!!

Lou

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

popscomet wrote:not to many re-done like this one,,,we know there are some out there,but this the poster child on how to do it,,,,such a great project....thanks for posting ,,,,POP
Thanks! I am trying to build something unique but with timeless design.
Lou's Comet wrote:WOW,,, What a phenomenal build!! Looked through your pictures a few times, and every time see something new. The attention to detail and the small stuff is outstanding, and to me that is what makes a car. Love It!!

Lou
Thanks for the kind words, I have changed so many things that sometimes I forget how much has been modified. One of my goals is to make the car subtle with “more you look the more you find”. This is my last major build so my plan is to get it right.
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

that's the way pop feels about this cobra project,,,once it's done ,,,,,so is pop....just help son on his projects....at will be 71 in may,,,I just want to hand a wrench or screwdriver and do the parts runnin during the day....and drive and enjoy what me and son has done all his life,,,,,although I would like to put a pair of 2 bbl Cleveland heads on my 400 cu in 78 F350 dually flatbed,,,.....pop
pop/glenda

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

popscomet wrote:that's the way pop feels about this cobra project,,,once it's done ,,,,,so is pop....just help son on his projects....at will be 71 in may,,,I just want to hand a wrench or screwdriver and do the parts runnin during the day....and drive and enjoy what me and son has done all his life,,,,,although I would like to put a pair of 2 bbl Cleveland heads on my 400 cu in 78 F350 dually flatbed,,,.....pop
This maybe my last “Major” build but I have a whole list of projects waiting their turn. Hopefully I will have time to use all of them!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

A/FX wrote:
popscomet wrote:that's the way pop feels about this cobra project,,,once it's done ,,,,,so is pop....just help son on his projects....at will be 71 in may,,,I just want to hand a wrench or screwdriver and do the parts runnin during the day....and drive and enjoy what me and son has done all his life,,,,,although I would like to put a pair of 2 bbl Cleveland heads on my 400 cu in 78 F350 dually flatbed,,,.....pop
This maybe my last “Major” build but I have a whole list of projects waiting their turn. Hopefully I will have time to use all of them!
YES SIR !! don't think a person like you and I are never done,,,this is what I do....case closed....thank you pop
pop/glenda

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

A/FX wrote: Thanks for the kind words, I have changed so many things that sometimes I forget how much has been modified. One of my goals is to make the car subtle with “more you look the more you find”. This is my last major build so my plan is to get it right.
Looks like you are well on your way to accomplishing goals!
I share your goal of "subtle with the more you look the more you find" except maybe my rear tires. But really enjoy those types of builds

Again love your build and look forward to following it's progress

Lou

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

I thought I would update the build progress since my last post.
The car was mocked up to the point where it sat on its wheels and had a dummy engine in place. All items like steering, cooling, heating, exhaust, etc. were installed temporarily. I then took the whole car apart and mounted it back on the rotisserie so I could “C” notch the rear frame rails for caliper clearance. While on the rotisserie I also made up and installed the fuel and brake lines, mounted the fuel pump and fuel filter. I estimate the body will be going for ecoat sometime in late April, I want to make sure there is no salt on the roads between here and Detroit because the body’s are transported on a fixture which is attached to an open trailer. I sent the headers and oil pan to Jet Hot for ceramic coating, they arrived back here today all shiny and looking good. Every thing is falling into place for the car to go for body work and paint some time this summer, final assembly will take place over the winter months late this year and into 2020. (If all goes as planned)
Jim

Image Image Image

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Lookin Good Jim. & sounds like progress is getting to the fun stage. Maybe we can send you some of our rain to wash away the salt. :roll: :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

BOY !! we've got e'nuff rain just today to wash salt away....several yrs ago OL ROY was in dire need of water,,,so OL POP loaded a truck up with aload of rain and sent it out to him....come to find out,ROY called me and said the truck I hired was chevy pwr'd and wouldn't run fast e'nuff to keep it from eveporateing,,,so all my trouble's where for nothing.....but if I could find a ford pwr'd truck ,I'd dang sure send you some rain,,,cause we have way more then we need,,,I noticed my beagles doing a back stroke across the pasture early this morning after a rabbit.... :shock: :lol: gonna have the side pipes jet hot coated for this cobra real soon,,had the exhaust done the same on wife's 56 ford 20 plus yrs ago and they still look nice....good luck...your 64 comet very well might be the nicest one around when all done...............…POP
pop/glenda