Winshield? Help

Discussions about general body work and modifications
Scott S

Winshield? Help

Post by Scott S »

New to Comets( 64 Merc Comet 4(More door) Caliente with a straight six) and I looked but did not see any posts like this so here goes. I am up in Alaska and looking for a new Windshield are four door and 2 door 64 Comets the same size windshield?

Will any other cars windshield fit, Falcon etc??? Thanks

poboyjo65

Re: Winshield? Help

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yes & no. if you have a 4 dr you need a sedan windshield. stay away from 2dr hardtop & convertable. you can get them new from most suppliers of auto glass.
Johno

Scott S

Post by Scott S »

I have tried five companies up here and all say that the glass is discontinued..... Seems like a big issue.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yea Falcon will work if it is sedan. meant to tell you that earlier. 60 -65 are all the same - sedan,sedan delivery,wagon & ranchero,,,, falcon or comet. but make sure it isnt a hardtop or convertible. most of the vendors like macs,melvins,dearborn,autokrafters have them. even some on ebay. getting one shipped to alaska is something I cant help you with.just have to find one who will. most say truck freight. but before I tried that I would check all of the companies that install glass, like safelite. they come to you to install windows,at your home or where ever. but they would be much cheaper than vendors. most of those will deliever for free but wont install in these old cars. you might have better luck asking for the more popular falcon.
Johno

Scott S

Post by Scott S »

Thanks, Shipping is a nightmare up here be glad to leave in a year. Having the same issue w Mac's just getting a gas tank. I have called all the normal glass companies up here w no luck. I will find a way, Thanks again.

Scott S

Post by Scott S »

Hey does your front have drop coils? and what did you do to get those meats under there... Spring relocation? or four link ?

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

One coil cut off & shelby drop but had to raise it back up a little because of rubs. On the rear I moved my frame rails inward 5'' ea ,& tubs. still running leafs & caltracs
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard, and good luck with your windshield! :D

Jim