Former Comet owner looking to own one again.

Let everyone know a little about yourself
1965 Comet Caliente

Former Comet owner looking to own one again.

Post by 1965 Comet Caliente »

Hi guys and gals. From 2003-2008 I owned a '65 Comet convertible. I enjoyed the car but eventually traded it for a '59 Galaxie that I still own. However, I am in the market for another '65 Comet as I miss owning that car. Any tips on '65 Comets for sale are appreciated, especially convertibles. I'd like to find one in driver condition or better. I am located in Atlanta, GA. Thanks, all.

poboyjo65

Re: Former Comet owner looking to own one again.

Post by poboyjo65 »

I saw a beautiful one on facebook recently for 5000 ! it was a 6cylinder car . If I see it again I'll post up a link

btw , Welcome on !! :D
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Here it is. couple things I didnt notice,,,it's in Ontario & says needs some mechanic work. but it sure is purty!
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= ... SEARCH_BOX
you'll probably need to join that site to talk to him if you're interested or I could have him contact you by email. I dont think it is a scam because he says cash will let you drive it on a trailer.
but here is a screenshot of it;
Johno

Tims1965MercuryComet

Post by Tims1965MercuryComet »

1965 Comet Caliente wrote:Hi guys and gals. From 2003-2008 I owned a '65 Comet convertible. I enjoyed the car but eventually traded it for a '59 Galaxie that I still own. However, I am in the market for another '65 Comet as I miss owning that car. Any tips on '65 Comets for sale are appreciated, especially convertibles. I'd like to find one in driver condition or better. I am located in Atlanta, GA. Thanks, all.
Welcome. My first two cars were 59 Fords. A four door Ranch Wagon, manual trans, Y-block. and a four door Galaxie, auto trans/332. This was when I was in high school, late 60's.
Tim
1965 Caliente 4 door
1968 302
Edelbrock Torker manifold and carb

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Well, I saw your Wanted post first and welcomed you there, but welcome again. :roll: That vert that Poboy posted from Facebook sounds pretty good, especially if that's $5K Canadian. :lol: Looks like there are several other vert candidates on Facebook, too. Good luck!

Jim

1965 Comet Caliente

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome. I'll have to think about that one in Ontario, though I am a little familiar with the area. I grew up an hour northwest of Detroit. :)

1965 Comet Caliente

Any '65 convertibles out there for sale?