Pop's Cobra build.

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
popscomet

Re: Pop's Cobra build.

Post by popscomet »

boy that 289 is tight,,,when we put it in the other day,,there were POP,son,grd son and grt grd-son,,involved….4 generations !! this build is a true family build !!!!…………….this cobra will be a family treasure and heirloom for sure....when me and GLENDA bought it 21plus yrs ago,,we wasn't aware that we were going to wait for the MASTER plan to take so long to come together,,,the way I see it....the good LORD wanted the grt grd son CHASE to part of the build,,,and to that we all are very thankful !! thanks to all for the kind words …..and to answer MIKE',,,,it will be reg after 1st of the year...I may dread it ...it may involve back tax and penalities,,,,I never waited this many yrs to reg anything.....but we will handle it !! :shock: :lol: :D
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

tonight we took the EXIDE battery that I bought brand new and put in this cobra ,19 yrs ago...never hooked it up,it has sat for all these yrs...son tested with a meter...the damn thing still had almost 5volts still in it....in a day or so I am going to try to charge it....WE think it should be with about a 2amp slow charge....and it will be taken outside of shop to charge,,,it might blow up :lol: :shock: ......
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote: to answer MIKE',,,,it will be reg after 1st of the year...I may dread it ...it may involve back tax and penalities,,,,I never waited this many yrs to reg anything.....but we will handle it !!
I wasn't sure how many hoops they make you jump through with a kit car anyway, If you need witnesses I guess we can all testify on your behalf that it hasn't been assembled for 21 years :P

And Happy Birthday to Dwayne!

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:
popscomet wrote: to answer MIKE',,,,it will be reg after 1st of the year...I may dread it ...it may involve back tax and penalities,,,,I never waited this many yrs to reg anything.....but we will handle it !!
I wasn't sure how many hoops they make you jump through with a kit car anyway, If you need witnesses I guess we can all testify on your behalf that it hasn't been assembled for 21 years :P

And Happy Birthday to Dwayne!

See Ya,
Mike
it came with a cert of orgin nade out in mine and GLENDA'S name..the state revenue office will see it has never been titled,,I never kept up with money spent other then the original cost of kit,I have receits for that,,as far as insurance worth,I'll set my own worth and pay premiems on that like I did on her 56 ford....
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

bigdan wrote:Looking good Pop! I'll be following along closely. Being 6'6" has always made me look over these, but now I'm thinking about just stretching one 6" or so one day.

Waiting for more . . .

Dan
DAN,mine is the first style,,,,since then they have revised mine 3 times,today they make one with dropped foot boxes,,seats that are on tracks.....will accept today's bigger engines and for taller people......you just need to call and talk to them and they will advise you....good luck and thank you for your interest...…………..pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Hey Pop....I was looking at another Cobra build on YouTube, and the guy said he kept up with all his receipts so he could show the sales tax he paid for everything. That way the state wouldn't charge him sales tax again on the valuation of the car when he went to register it. Don't know where this guy was, or how that works in Arkansas, but worth checking out. You said you didn't have all the receipts, but you've got the big one for the purchase of the kit, and you can save everything going forward.

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JIM,…..for the reason you just repeated from that guy on that video,I should have kept up with what I spent...but I really did not want to know....but in the past 21 yrs,,I have been buying different things,,,son told me just the other night just how much cost increase on parts from 20 yrs ago..the replacement cost of my 5spd tremec today is more then I gave for trans,clutch blowproof shifter flywheel,,all of it put together,,20 plus yrs ago.....I'll just have to take all my big ticket reeceits and do and pay what ever,,,I'll start keeping what few tickets I will have in the future,,,,like for tires,,and if I change whls ,,everyone knows my favorite whl,, :shock: thanks for your reply....pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

popscomet wrote:everyone knows my favorite whl,, :shock:
Oh! So you gonna put a set of Craigers on it? :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :wink:

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
popscomet wrote:everyone knows my favorite whl,, :shock:
Oh! So you gonna put a set of Craigers on it? :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :wink:

Jim
IN A PIGS ASS,,PARDON MY FRENCH !!!
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

popscomet wrote: IN A PIGS ASS,,PARDON MY FRENCH !!!
Correct french spelling,,, Et a cochon cul,,, I think :lol: :lol:
Cool build with everybody involved in it!!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Cool build with everybody involved in it!!
Fred[/quote]
and everyone is invoved,,,CHASE,the 4yr grt grd son,,likes to POP RIVET ..so DWAYNE drills the hole,and CHASE will take the air operated pop rivet gun and do his thing..little rascal does a great job !!...of course he has to make 20 trips from the shop into the house to tell his MAM-MAW what he's doing,,,,thanks for the French lesson !! pop :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda

frdpwr

Post by frdpwr »

A little brake line and fuel pump work over the weekend.
Rear End Brake Lines.jpg
Rear End Brake Lines.jpg (243.64 KiB) Viewed 3236 times

frdpwr

Post by frdpwr »

A few pics from this weekend. Steering shaft assy, dash panel, seats and a few other panels were mocked up.
Front caliper rebuild kits should be delivered today then I can mount those and finish up the brake lines and
adjustable proportioning valve this week.
Pnl mockup 1.jpg
Pnl mockup 1.jpg (176.88 KiB) Viewed 3106 times
Pnl mockup 2.jpg
Pnl mockup 2.jpg (225.3 KiB) Viewed 3106 times
Pnl mockup 3.jpg
Pnl mockup 3.jpg (225.88 KiB) Viewed 3106 times
Pnl mockup 4.jpg
Pnl mockup 4.jpg (247.18 KiB) Viewed 3106 times
Even done a little Pop mock up too. lol
Pop mockup.jpg
Pop mockup.jpg (223.36 KiB) Viewed 3106 times

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Lookin' Good! 8) Just the right clearance between the horn button and the belly button. :lol: :lol:

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

YOU noticed that belly close to the whl also :!: never in my life did I ever dream I'd have a belly like I have,,,OL POP has always been a skinny drink of water !! when I retired in may of 2008,,weighed less then 160 lbs....but back then I was so active,like a fart in a hot skillet....now all I do is eat and this wife can cook,,,,thanks JIM !! ,...this cobra has collected a lot of dust waiting on it's turn,,,and thanks to my son it's gonna happen,,LORD WILLING !!!...pop
pop/glenda