Pop's Cobra build.

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
Jims65cyclone

Re: Pop's Cobra build.

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Now THAT looks like FUN!! 8) :mrgreen: :D

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:57 pm
Now THAT looks like FUN!! 8) :mrgreen: :D

Jim
it not only looks like fun,,,,by jingo's it is fun !!! pop 8) :D
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

That is going to be a fun car to drive. Sounds great. Thanks for the video.
tom
tomb's 65

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thank you !!! it ought to be a blast for sure to drive,,,and weather permitting I'll drive the fire out of it.....until me and son get our 67 fst back stangs redone and back on the road,,,,my S code GT will be my ride of choice,,,,I took GLENDA to hosp to give birth to my daughter in this fastback and brought them both home in it,almost 50 yrs ago,,,there is a lot of history behind this big block GT...but until that happens,,,the red comet and the cobra will have to fill in,,, 8) :D pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

we're taking a break from the cobra for awhile,,,not really doing anything....CHASE,is with us for a week and he takes center stage,,,,CORY,GRD SON , came in today from working out of state,,his boat needs the engine redone in it,,it's a 4cyl inline GM product,,not my 1st choice,but I didn't buy it,,,his new head was delivered just today,,,me and son kinda like the break,,after all we have drove it,,that was our plan for that to happen in may,pop's birth month...so for now we are ok with just starting and making a pass or 3 down the road. it won't be long before the body is mounted with the windshield and all the lights.....thanks to all for the interest,,,we are very proud to own this cobra and how it has turned out so far !! but better is to come...…….pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

went out to shop and sorta admired the cobra,,today,,,,thought heck fire what's keeping me from tooling around in this thing for awhile ??? nothing but my nerves,,,and I ain't never been short of nerve,,,so I drove thru the country streets around here for just alittle bit....it sure runs good...will light the tires up at will.....you for sure pay attention or your gonna loose it....won't be long body and windshield will be mounted,,,,as all the lights....then it will rung out..... :o pop
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

frdpwr wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:20 am
Last part of it's madden voyage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ryeHv ... dex=5&t=0s
I bet it HAULS ASS like that!!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I have run up about 25 miles on this thing just tooling around the neighbor hood,,,,that's a plus by living out in the county,,away from town..no traffic to mess with during the day..it sure runs good,,,,no more then it weighs,,it'll scoot right along less then a 1,000 rpm's in high gear,,have tried it in 5th ,but that's too low ..just makes me think the carbs are trying to load up just a tad....cause I run the same carb set up as I do on my red comet,,,both are ganged together....won't be long and the body ,lights and windshield and new tires will be on it,,,then the real road test will begin,,,and the windshield wipers,,,,I bought the heater and defrost kit for it,backed out on installing it,,,save it in case I ever put a top on it.....thanks for reading and comments,,,,,,pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL,by jingo's....OL POP has put a tick over 60 miles on this thing just go-kartin it around the neighborhood...DWAYNE changed to lighter springs in the dist last night,,,it's quicker ….have been amazed at the people that know what it is ,have been flagged down just to look at it,,turned around in a friends drive way,,,grd ma and the 4yro grd daughter came running out with a camara and the little girl wanted her pic taken standing next to it.....if you can bring a smile to a kids face...then it's all worth it... :) :D pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I was going to say you're going to be famous for miles around, but I'm sure that happened YEARS ago. :lol: :lol:

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:22 am
I was going to say you're going to be famous for miles around, but I'm sure that happened YEARS ago. :lol: :lol:

Jim
and what POP has been famous for ……….well , I'll just keep to myself !!! ol pop has never been bashful !! pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

the little 289 cobra is running just great...smooth as glass....is very quick on the trigger !! just what we were looking for,,,,OL POP has almost a hundred miles on it just tooling around the neighborhood country back roads.....won't be long til it is all put together and can take it out for the real test......pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

OL POP watched the speed-o roll over on a hundred miles this afternoon,,,,so far so good. runs cool. holds good oil pressure,,drives real good,,,it has a non power R/P and it steers super nice. pleased as can be so far,,,love the sound out of hose side pipes,,,,pop 8) :) :D
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

OL POP has almost 150 miles on this souped up go cart,just running around the back paved roads ,,,,will put on a few more then park it.As we are wanting to up grade OL RUSTY,,,all rear disc brake set up came in the brown truck yesterday as well as springs and shocks,,,,,,break time is about over ...time to go back to doing something …..POP
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

When are you gonna put the body on your go-kart?

Jim